The UP College of Fine Arts aims to be the Center of Excellence in art and design practice and education—a pre-eminent learning institution imbued with a deep sense of humanity that inspires the Filipino to strive for excellence.
To produce artists, scholars, and designers who are technical, perceptual, and processual experts in the various domains of arts and design—critical and transformative thinkers responsive to the needs of Philippine society.
To strengthen the CFA as an institution with a rigorousand relevant curricula, abreast with emerging practices, research, and pedagogy oriented towards knowledge generation.
To nurture an environment that is sensitive and responsive to change; accountable and transparent towards all stakeholders; committed to fiscal independence; and dedicated to accessible research and publication, creative production, and engagement and service to the community.
1. Continually evaluate and upgrade curricula and pedagogy
2. Develop and support a program for research and creative production
3. Develop and support a publication program
4. Implement a program for faculty, student, staff, and organizational development
5. Develop linkages with various sectors through outreach programs servicing the communication- and media-related needs of the society
6. Initiate discussion and take action on communication- and media-related issues in society
7. Establish, maintain, and upgrade the requisite infrastructure to support the above goals; and
8. Establish and ensure fiscal independence by aggressively developing resource generation programs
– The College of Fine Arts Citizens’ Charter, 2019, First Edition
Office of the Dean
Office of the College Secretary
College Executive Board
Department of Studio Arts
Department of Theory
Department of Visual Communication
Graduate Program Office